cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Patch and Upgrade AnyConnect For Remote Standard Users?

webabc123
Level 1
Level 1

I’m looking for ways to patch and update existing AnyConnect clients for remote users who don’t have local administrator privileges.

I found some information on cloud update that looks like it’s designed to automatically update AnyConnect through the cloud.

https://docs.umbrella.com/deployment-umbrella/docs/the-anyconnect-plugin-umbrella-roaming-security-client-administrator-guide#update

One issue I see is that it says:

“The updates occur only when logged into a desktop and will not occur if a VPN is established“

We plan on using Management VPN tunnels.  Management VPN tunnels connect automatically so VPN would be established anytime the device is powered on. We may also use always-on VPN connections for some users which would have the same issue.

What method exists for upgrading AnyConnect software for standard users when VPN is always on?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,
You only need administrative permissions for the initial AnyConnect installation, upgrades do not require elevated permissions. So you could just upload the latest AnyConnect client to your ASA/FTD and the client will auto-upgrade upon attempting to establish a VPN tunnel.

HTH

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi,
You only need administrative permissions for the initial AnyConnect installation, upgrades do not require elevated permissions. So you could just upload the latest AnyConnect client to your ASA/FTD and the client will auto-upgrade upon attempting to establish a VPN tunnel.

HTH
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: