cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 515E Show connected VPN users

dennylester
Level 1
Level 1

We are using our Pix 515e as a lightly used VPN server. Is there a way to show connected VPN users?

5 Replies 5

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

command "sh cry isa sa" indicates the number of active vpn tunnel, inluding both remote vpn and lan-lan vpn.

command "sh ip local pool" indicates the number of used/free ip address defined in the vpn client pool.

Looking at the output from "sh cry isa sa", is there any way to show which Crypto maps each of the connections are tied to?

Thanks,

Denny

for more detail, as well as statistics for individual vpn, try "show crypto ipsec sa"

Hi,

That command returned alot of useful information as well, but I think I asked the wrong question and failed to provide enough information.

We use VPN Groups for our few VPN users. Each user has their own group and password defined in the Pix. I would like to be able to see which VPN Group is connected at any given time.

Is this possible? The "show crypto ipsec sa" returns alot of infomation but I didn't see a particular VPN group listed.

I would try the PDM as suggested in the other post, but we have the PDM disabled.

a.paradis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In the PDM, click on "Monitoring", then expand "VPN Statistics" and click on "IPSEC VPNs". Click on "View Details" to get a debug-like output of the tunnel

- Alex