cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prevent Auto-hide of AnyConnect VPN Client?

filemaker
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings, Cisco experts:

I am using Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client (v2.5.0217), as that is what is required, with Mac OS X 10.7.5.

Whenever I make a successful VPN connection, the entire interface immediately disappears -- auto-hides the window (but not the application).

To show the interface again (to see connection status and to log off later), I must immediately press Command-S ("Show Statistics").

Twice, in fact, so I don't see the expanded information I don't need.

Why does it behave this way in the first place and how can I get it to just stay visible after a connection — until I hide the entire application myself or switch to another application?

5 Replies 5

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

To my understanding the AnyConnect Preferences Tab should have an option to disable the behaviour that minimizes and hides the Client as soon as it has connected to the ASA.

Dont know how this looks on Mac but on Windows on my 3.0 Client it shows like this

- Jouni

Thanks for the rapid reply, Jouni

I checked the preferences earlier, and didn't see a "Minimize on Connect" option (actually, not minimizing the application, but just hiding its window, leaving its menu visible).

Hi Erik

For this option to be controllable by the user, you have to configure an AnyConnect Client Profile and select the "User Controllable" tab.

There is an option in there for "Minimze on Connect".

HTH

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

Oh, very interesting, Barry.

How do I access this Client Profile Editor in the VPN client (Mac)?

-thx

You can't access it from the VPN-client. It's accessible via ASDM, so if you're not admit of that ASA, tell them to do this for you)