Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with anyconnect, no Lan Access

knopruudy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Iém heving some problems with my anyconnect vpn, I can connect, but i can"t access my

internal network or do anything else.

I've attachted my config, if anyone has an idea please let me know.

It's running on an asa 5510 with ios 8.4

Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

Keith McElroy
Level 1
Level 1

Well, first problem I see is that you aren't actually tunneling any networks under group-policy GroupPolicy_SSL_GU attributes (I believe you have to define something here, but it may default to just sending everything, which is equally bad in this case and I wouldn't recommend it). Under this you should define something like this:

split-tunnel-policy tunnelspecified       <----This command specifies that you will only tunnel the networks you specify

split-tunnel-network-list value VPN     <-----This command specifies that you will only tunnel the networks specified in the ACL VPN

access-list VPN standard permit 192.168.254.0 255.255.255.0

Then, since the code change, we do NAT0 a little different, now you have to define a static NAT to preserve the address when it goes through the tunnel as the order of operations is NAT, then VPN.

nat (inside,Outside) source static Inside_Lan Inside_Lan destination static NETWORK_OBJ_10.10.10.0_27 NETWORK_OBJ_10.10.10.0_27

Also, on the VPN pool, you have a /24 mask defined, but on the object, you have defined it as a /27 network, I would recommend fixing this by changing one or the other to match so it doesn't cause issues.

Hope this helps.

Hi  Kmcelroy360

Thank you but the issue is still not resolved, i tried to apply the changes you suggested.

The current config still doesn't allow local lan access.

I will atach the config to this post, so if you have an idea, please let me know

Regards

OK, didn't pay attention to this before, but is this a lab scenario? I noticed you have private IPs on the outside. Also, the IP you have on the inside is likely overlapping with most private home networks, 192.168.1.0/24 is used a lot, which means you won't be able to pass VPN trafficbecause of the overlap.

Hi

No this isn't a lab, the outside adres is the connection between the asa and the dsl router, I cannot change this.

OK, how are you passing the public IP over? Are you doing a static NAT or are you only passing port 443 to your ASA?

Do this, connect to the client. Assuming you use Windows, go to the command prompt and type ipconfig as well as route print and paste the output. If you are on something else, look up the respective commands.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: