cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Quick VPN no longer works with RV042G

Steven Lam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X220 running Win 7 pro.  It had been working with QuickVPN for a few years.  A few weeks ago, I had to reset the router to factory and now it is no long working.  When I try to get QVPN to connect, it just time out and give me the generic error message no ip address, bad user name etc.  I originally though the problem is with the RV042G.  I triple checked my settings (enable icmp, vpn user name and password is correct, import the certificate) and it seems fine.  I looking the logs on the RV042G and see that there is no traffic from the ThinkPad's IP.  Can anybody give me a hint on how to diagnose this problem?

tx

1 Reply 1

Steven Lam
Level 1
Level 1

On the machine with qvpn, I can ping the rv042g and get a reply.  but when I look at the rv42g log (all of the logs, incoming, outgoing vpn etc) I don't see the ip address of the machine with qvpn at all.  This is very puzzling.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: