Views
Helpful
Replies

Re-write SSLProxyHost in ICA file

proactive99
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

In a scenario of "SSL VPN+Citrix", we are facing a problem that ASA5540 re-writes the SSLProxyHost in ICA file to the IP address of Outside of 5540. Is there any way to re-writes the SSLProxyHost to a FQDN in ASA5540, like "vpn.test.com:443". I didn't find it in user guide.

Thanks,

-Alejin

3 Replies 3

mulatif
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Alejin,

Are you using a Self-Signed Certificate for the External ASA interface ? And is the CN field of the certificate is set to the IP Address of the ASA ?

If you are then please re-create another Self-Signed (Or External if you are using an External CA) where the CN field is equal to the FQDN of the ASA. The re-write function takes the CN field of the external SSL Certificate when writing the SSLProxyHost.

Thanks,

Naman

Hi Naman,

Thanks for the information.

Unfortunatelly, we're using local user database with password to authenticate ssl client.

So in this scenario, is there any work around to re-write the entry of SSLProxyHost? I checked ASA user guide, but failed to find anything related for that. What I want to do is to replace the IP address with a FQDN in SSLProxyHost.

It seems I can create a self-signed certificate assinged to outside interface where the ssl vpn terminates, does that make sense? I don't have the lab testing it.

Thanks,

-Alejin

Hi Alejin,

It doesn't matter that you are using Local Authentication.

You are right, you just need to create a Self-Signed certificate and assign it to the Outside ASA interface, just make sure that when creating the self-signed certificate you are using the FQDN as the CN

E.g. subject-name=myasa.domain.com

Thanks,

Naman