cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route internet traffic over cisco anyconnect.

fwitron1981
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cisco ASA 9.5 and has configured Cisco AnyConnect for remote users. It is configured with split tunneling which all internet traffic is routed over the users internet, now we want to have all the internet traffic to be routed over the Cisco Anyconnect client so all the internet traffic will go out of corporate internet link.

Any thoughts anyone that can support me on how to accomplish this.

This is the setup let me know what needs to be change to accomplished the request.

group-policy CiscoVPN internal
group-policy CiscoVPN attributes
wins-server value 192.168.110.x 192.168.110.x
dns-server value 192.168.110.x 192.168.110.x
dhcp-network-scope 172.31.4.0
vpn-tunnel-protocol ikev1 ikev2 ssl-client ssl-clientless
split-tunnel-policy tunnelspecified
split-tunnel-network-list value CiscoVPN_splitTunnelAcl

access-list CiscoVPN_splitTunnelAcl standard permit 10.1.12.0 255.255.255.0

Thanks All

1 Reply 1

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @fwitron1981,

You need to change your split-tunnel policy from 'tunnelspcified' to 'tunelall'. In this case, you'll no longer need ACL 'CiscoVPN_splitTunnelAcl'. I would also advise to restrict your VPN protocols to what is actually required. Assuming that you only use SSL client, an example would look something like:

group-policy CiscoVPN attributes
wins-server value 192.168.110.x 192.168.110.x
dns-server value 192.168.110.x 192.168.110.x
dhcp-network-scope 172.31.4.0
vpn-tunnel-protocol ssl-client
split-tunnel-policy tunnelall
no split-tunnel-network-list value CiscoVPN_splitTunnelAcl

Please remember that you now have to handle all traffic over this VPN gateway (e.g. routing, ACL, NAT, etc.). If traffic should also go to the internet directly from this gateway, that you'll need to configure U-turn. I would also advise creation of new tunnel-group/group-policy for testing this setup, and, once you are happy with all parameters, you can go and modify your production group-policy.

BR,

Milos