cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 Windows 7 Pro Issue

raymondnichols
Level 1
Level 1

I thought I would try again to receive some help with the following issue. I will attempt to make is simpler this time. I have a gateway to gateway VPN tunnel setup using two RV042 routers. I have been using this gateway for years without any issues. The computers on each side of the tunnel were Windows XP. I also use RealVNC Enterprise Edition on each computer for easy access to their desktops and applications. I have added two new Windows 7 Pro computers on each end of the tunnel.

The problem is with the two new Windows 7 computers. I am able to connect from a new Windows 7 computer to a Windows XP computer located on the opposite side of the tunnel fine with RealVNC. If I connect using the same Windows 7 computer to a new Windows 7 computer on the opposite end of the tunnel the connection will disconnect after a few seconds. I have disabled Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 and even upgraded it to version 11.0.6300. I also installed the most up to date driver for the Intel 82579V network adapter on the ASUS P8P67 Deluxe motherboard.

I attempted to install Cisco's Quick VPN for the RV042 with no luck on that. The certificates that the router uses do not work in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities\Certificates folder. So I gave up on that approach. All efforts to possibly by-pass the problem have failed. There is something with the two Windows 7 computers communicating through the tunnel that does to happen with the Windows XP computers. Any insight into this will be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

raymondnichols
Level 1
Level 1

I discoverd the problem after hours of troubleshooting.  The issue is not with the RV042, it is between Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and RealVNC's new release of 4.6.1 Enterprise Edition.  I reverted to version 4.5.1 and the issue was corrected.  RealVNC has been notified and my Cisco post can be closed.