cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV110W VPN configuration question

v750cruiser
Level 1
Level 1

I have an existing home office  network with a special Actiontec DSL modem to support 20 meg down and 5 meg  up speeds.  The modem has 4 separate gig LAN ports.  My network has  several printers, servers, and PCs using a combination of DHCP and static IP  addresses.  The modem supports DHCP, port forwarding (which I am using)  as well as wireless 'n' networking along with other features.  I would  like to keep all this as is.

Can a Cisco RV110W be configured so that it just looks like  another device on my existing network with either a DHCP or a static IP  address on my home network?  If I can do this, can I also set it up to  receive all VPN requests so I can connect to my home network from any  remote location?  I can configure my existing modem to port forward all  VPN requests to the RV110W address.

I  really need a VPN device on my home network that will allow me to  connect remotely, receive a DHCP address on my home network and then  act as though it is just another computer on my network so I can access  all the printers, servers, PCs, etc and use my VPN connection to send  out internet traffic through the Actiontec modem.  Can I do this with  the RV110W?  It would also be a plus to be able to enable the networking on this so I could have 2 wireless networks.

I've  tried 3 types of VPN hardware and software combinations so far and none of them have worked.  The ones that want to replace my Actiontec do not work because they don't support the 5 meg upload speeds.  I  cannot use PPTP on Windows 7 due to the firewalls where I am currently doing some work.  I have to use IPsec or perhaps SSL to get out of this remote  network so I can connect to my home network.

The Actiontec modem gets a dynamic IP address so I use services like DynDns to associate a domain name with the static address on the DSL modem.  Then a use a NAT network behind the modem.

Any experts on the RV110W that can address these questions?

Thank you...

1 Reply 1

praprama
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joe,

Since this question is to do with Cisco's small business family of routers, you will probably get better responses if you post your questions here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business

Regards,

Prapanch