Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W how to setup SSLVPN?

alfredbuatti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I never setup a SSLVPN before even though can manage networkj administration.

I have this Cisco RV220W router and I know I can setup a VPN server using SSL VPN.

There is a server and a client section.

Do I have to setup both or just the server configuration?

I read the documentation on how to set this up, but I find it confusing since I have little knowledge on how to set this up.

Can anyone step me through on what to do?

I would like remote users to setup a SSL VPN connection using their web browsers and use Active Directory domain\username and password to authenticate.

I already added a domain to use AD.

I searched the web and it is difficult to find a full explanation on how to do this.

Thank you

Best regards

Alfred

5 Replies 5

Hi,

Put is as server if you'd like to access information behind it when you were remote, or allow someone to access you network remotely.

Put is as client if you want to access information in a remote network. 

About AD is only a mean to authenticate users using a third-party database.

If you need help with the AD part you may not get help here in this forum but if you need help to setup the router to look at AD will be easier.

Just share some routers screen on the attachment.

@Flavio Miranda wrote:

Hi,

Put is as server if you'd like to access information behind it when you were remote, or allow someone to access you network remotely.

Put is as client if you want to access information in a remote network. 

About AD is only a mean to authenticate users using a third-party database.

If you need help with the AD part you may not get help here in this forum but if you need help to setup the router to look at AD will be easier.

Just share some routers screen on the attachment.

Hi and thank you for your reply.

I think I set it up correctly, but when I connect using the firefox web browser by using https://wanip/portal/SSLVPN, it takes me to a page called SSL VPN Portal, then I click VPN Tunnel and click the icon called SSL VPN Tunnel Client Installer / Launcher, but nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Do I need a trusted CA digital certifcate or can I get away using the self signed one of the router?

I tried Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 with the same results.

A screenshot of the web page has been atatched.

Need more help.

Thanks

Man, This realy looks like SO problem. Put the URL as permit on the Java config. See attached.

@Flavio Miranda wrote:

Man, This realy looks like SO problem. Put the URL as permit on the Java config. See attached.

Ciao Flavio,

Thanks again.

I did what you instructed me to do, but it does not seem to work, but I think it could me my fault.

As port 443 on this router is being used by Exchange 2010 OWA, I am login in using the following command:

https://wanipaddress:60443/portal/SSLVPM. (I put this in the java exception list also)

Now 60443 is the port used for remote management.

I cannot use this url:

https://wanipaddress/portal/SSLVPN because it will give me a 404 error, it is trying to access this path on the exchange server which does not exist.

Can I change the SSLVPN port to some other value?

Thanks

Regards

Alfred

Hi,

I don't think it is possible change this. It is change the management port.

I see two option:

Change the exchange port to other then 443.

Use PAT on router.