Views
Helpful
Replies

SAML External Browser with ASA 9.14 and Anyconnect 4.10

Scottish_ITtech
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Should Anyconnect 4.10 on ASA 9.14 be able to use an external browser for SAML authentication?

We have SAML working but only through the embedded browser which doesn't support Yubikey or Windows Hello.

If it should support it, can you advise how to enable?

2 Replies 2

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Scottish_ITtech,

No, it will not work, as support for External Browser came with 9.17(1). You'll have to upgrade to newer release before you can try it.

I haven't teted this myself yet, but here is the configuration explanation.

BR,

Milos

Hi @Scottish_ITtech ,

although it's an old topic, I would like to add the following:

1. from AnyConnect 4.6 to AnyConnect 4.10.03104 an enhanced version of SAML integration with an Embedded Browser has replaced the Native (External) Browser Integration from previous releases.
2. AnyConnect 4.10.04065 supports AnyConnect VPN SAML External Browser (as an optional add-on, via the External Browser Package external-sso-4.10.04065-webdeploy-k9.pkg)
3. since AnyConnect 4.10.04071 you don't need the External Browser Package
4. since AnyConnect 4.10.05095, on Windows, the AnyConnect Embedded Browser is Microsoft Edge WebView2
5. for SAML External Browser use, you MUST perform configuration using:
. ASA 9.17.1+ (via CLI command external-browser enable in the config-tunnel-webvpn mode)
. ASDM 7.17.1+
. FDM 7.1+

Hope this helps !!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: