Views
Helpful
Replies

SAML with multiple identities

JanJansen40394
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

My login account for my laptop is connected to Azure AD with domain A. Now my customer wants me to connect to his domain B with SAML, but whenever i try to connect with the cisco anyconnect secure mobility client, it uses my normal account with domain A, and i am getting the error 

Message: AADSTS50105: Your administrator has configured the application myname@A to block users...
However i don't want to use the myname@A, but i want to use the account that the customer gave me. And i can't seem to logout or switch accounts for this vpn. 
Is it possible to use multiple identities and switch tot the customer account for this vpn connection? I don't want to log off from my normal account, because then probably my email, teams and other websites that use my normal account are not working anymore.
Br,
Jan Jansen
4 Replies 4

calinning
Level 1
Level 1

Did you manage to get this working? I have the same issue at the moment.

Not really. As a workaround I am now using the windows sandbox and install
every time the vpn. Another workaround was to add the vpn account as an
extra account under Email & accounts on my windows laptop. Then I could
choose which accounts to use.

Good shout, thanks for letting me know. I'm very surprised there's no native way to switch accounts. 

Have been struggeling with this for a while now.
Initially I could get it working (sometimes) by restarting computer and logging into an office product with the desired account.
Found a way easier solution.
Create a AnyConnect.bat file containing the script:
runas /netonly /user:<username> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\vpnui.exe"

Username and path should be changed.