Views
Helpful
Replies

Setup L2TP Server on Cisco RV340

EamonnTolan
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

I have an issue in relation to all this remote working. A have a three-site client that is interconnected by 3 x Cisco RV340s with IKE Site-Site VPNs. I need to setup an L2TP server(or similar) on one of these units to allow IOS devices VPN in to connect to internal server resources & to allow mobile hot-spotting through Apple iPhones. I have gone through recommend articles published by Cisco but have been unable to successfully connect an IOS VPN to the unit. Can you offer any further suggestions please or is it possible to configure this?

RV340 - L2TP - Cisco Community

Many thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Eamonn Tolan

2 Replies 2

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

hI

1. What kind of IOS VPN devices are you using? Are these Cisco ISR Routers?

2. If the IOS devices are Cisco-Routers, why do you want to connect to the RV340 site using L2TP-wIPsec....why not simply configure a S2S-VPN between the RV340 and the Cisco-IOS-VPN-gateway?

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

The L2TP-with-IPsec server on the RV340 is primarily for Windows-L2TP-wIPsec clients, and/or L2TP-wIPsec clients running on Linux (using say Xl2tpd for l2tp and Strongswan for IPsec), and/or L2TP-wIPsec client on MacOS(ipad/iOS)....

Cisco-IOS-VPN has support for S2S....configure S2S tunnel between the IOS and the RV340 gateway(s)