Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

simultaneous connection

i need to know how many simultaneous connection can be done if i add 100 from L-AC-PLS-LIC= license ?

7 Replies 7

Ben Walters
Level 3
Level 3

The licensing values are for simultaneous connections. So if you have a 100 license 100 simultaneous connections can be utilized.

More info can be found here on page 10:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/security/anyconnect-og.pdf

so what is the different from plus and  AnyConnect VPN Only licenses ? if the plus license can give me simultaneous connection ?

In the link I posted on page 5 there is a little table outlining the added features for Plus and Apex licenses.

The VPN only licenses only provide simultaneous connections to an ASA head end.

thank u for your support can u tell me what is ASA head end mean and can give me use case for AnyConnect VPN Only licenses ?

An ASA head end is the device that users connect to for the VPN. So say you have remote users connecting to the VPN at your main office, the main office ASA that handles the VPN users is the head end.

VPN only licenses are essentially that they only provide VPN service and nothing beyond that like NAM, posture, umbrella security, etc. as mentioned in the guide I linked.

I would say that if you only care about users having encrypted access into the corporate network and nothing else then the VPN only option is for you, but if you are interested in leveraging any other services and features its worth a look at the other licensing.  

Also here is another link which may give you a lot more info.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/200191-AnyConnect-Licensing-Frequently-Asked-Qu.html#anc6

thanks a lot for your help but i need to confirm last point which if i purchased 100 plus license the 100 remote user can connect to the ASA simultaneously ? that right ?

That is correct.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: