Views
Helpful
Replies

TACACS and Python.

yahya.jaber
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a TACACS node that manages 3k devices, recently we developed a python script to do some stuff, whenever that script runs the TACACS CPU goes high and things become slow to access...is there a way to avoid this?

last script was 5 commands in total per device, from the ISE performance page, it should fine to handle 1,200 command/sec.  https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/ise-performance-amp-scale/ta-p/3642148#toc-hId--621954601

thanks.

1 Accepted Solution
6 Replies 6

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI there,

Have you tried disabling the accounting during the script run? Once logged in no aaa accounting the relevant lines and then add them back before the script logs out.

cheers,

Seb.

thank Seb,

i would do that if i have small amount of devices, but i have about 3k-4k devices.
i as thinking of Load balancer for TACACS, i am not sure if that would be a solution.

OK I see.

I few years back I configured a F5 NLB to load balance a cluster of three PSNs, so it is possible. I followed some instructions from an old Cisco Live slide-deck. I'll see if I can find it...

cheers,

Seb.

thanks a lot Seb.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: