cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

the feasible of mixed WAN of VPN and FR

defall2005
Level 1
Level 1

we company has impletmented VPN around world,but recently, there one site has connection prolem of low speed which can not be fixed quickly. so if it possibe to add FR line between this site and another site.let FR work along with VPN connection.

If so there will have two WAN intereface on the router, anything need notic when setup the router e.g.26xx.

2 Replies 2

johansens
Level 4
Level 4

It's relatively difficult to exactly understand what you are asking about, but as I understand you want to run a FR-link between two sites where one already has a internet-connection and running VPN over it.

I can't see any problems with this setup. Just remember a couple of things to make it really simple:

Let "Site A" be the site with a low speed connection to the internet.

Let "Site B" be the site with a high speed connection to the internet.

Let "Central" be the site which all VPN connection terminates into (your headquarters or alike).

- Run the VPN only from Site B to Central

- Run a FR-link between Site A and Site B and let an internal routing-protocol take care of the connectivity.

- Setup the VPN-tunnel between Site B and Central to include the IP-addresses of Site A.

Your Site B router should then have support for a extra serial-interface for the FR-link if it doesn't already have it in one or another form.

Did it help?

many thanks,

I want to know if it possible that we did not remove VPN for site A, but just add FR between site A and B. that means there will have two connections between site A and B. they are low speed VPN and FR.

that might be very difficult to setup the strategy to allot the balance to VPN port or FR port on router.