Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to customize login page for ASA 5505 SSL-VPN

joelgooding
Level 1
Level 1

Good day,

I am seeking assistance to customize the login page for the ssl-vpn as mentioned. When the vpn is set up, the default template allows my customers users to login with this : IMAGE 1

IMAGE1.JPG

While trying to edit the login page, I have to create a new Customization file from CLIENTLESS SSL VPN ACCESS -> PORTAL -> CUSTOMIZATION in the ASDM. When I do that and I try to edit the login page, it comes up with 2 forms of authentication and an internal password prompt like this: IMAGE 2

IMAGE2.JPG

How can I edit the login page I created so that users will only see the regular username and password fields like the default template?

Thank you all for your time and assistane

Joel

Joel _______________________________ Please rate helpful posts and answered questions!
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Joel,

What you are seeing is just the preview, right?

The preview displays the customization object the way it is, since the internal password and the second authentication commands are features which are enabled in different portions of the configuration.

webvpn

enable outside

internal-password enable

!

tunnel-group DefaultWEBVPNGroup general-attributes

secondary-authentication-server-group second_authentication_server

INFO: This command applies only to SSL VPN - Clientless and AnyConnect.

So, I would recommend to assign this customization object to a group-policy and test it accesing the specific connection profile.

Thanks.

Portu.

Please rate any helpful posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi Joel,

What you are seeing is just the preview, right?

The preview displays the customization object the way it is, since the internal password and the second authentication commands are features which are enabled in different portions of the configuration.

webvpn

enable outside

internal-password enable

!

tunnel-group DefaultWEBVPNGroup general-attributes

secondary-authentication-server-group second_authentication_server

INFO: This command applies only to SSL VPN - Clientless and AnyConnect.

So, I would recommend to assign this customization object to a group-policy and test it accesing the specific connection profile.

Thanks.

Portu.

Please rate any helpful posts

Portu,

You pointed me in the right direction. That was the preview of the template and the actual prodution portal is different. I had to assign the connection profile to the customization template AS WELL AS the default webvpn group. Only when you select it as part of the default webvpn group also, then does the customized template take effect. Thank you for your time. I hope this helps other as well.

Regards,

Joel

Joel _______________________________ Please rate helpful posts and answered questions!