cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to connect to VPN

MrMatten
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting up a VPN for a company on their RV320 and have both a GroupVPN and a EasyVPN. 

The guy who created the network setup made the GroupVPN and is able to connect to it from Win 10 native client without problems. When I tried doing the exact same thing, but different user, I was unable to connect. I tried from several different Win 10 machines and Macs on several different networks. My colleague tried as well with his user. 

My colleague made the EasyVPN and suddenly we could connect from my Mac, but still not Win. 

I have really tried looking through fora and am unable to find a solution. 

When I try connecting it goes past the logon information and then spins for a while and now says "A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed." I used to get another error message, I can't remember, but something pretty generic. 

All protocols are open on the router, I have tried restarting the router and the computers, messed around with a lot of different settings based on other people's solutions, I have turned off the windows firewall and I don't think it is whitelisting a specific IP address. 

The GroupVPN is simply checking the database for username and password. 

If you need more information let me know.

All help appreciated 

0 Replies 0