cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade License ASA 5505

pechdara pin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guy, Currently I am using ASA 5505 base-license, and what i have known is by default, it support only 10 VPN peer, and my plan to upgrade around 10 peers more, so in this case I have contact 2 vendor, and they provide me the different, 1 vendor provide me ASA5505-SW-10-50=, and 2 vendor provide me L-ASA5505-SEC-PL=. so my question what part number i should get if i want to upgrade 10 VPN peer more ? Thank in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The license ASA5505-SW-10-50= only gives you more internal users bot not more VPN-PeersYou need the SecPlus license upgrade (L-ASA5505-SEC-PL=) for more VPN-peers. But that won't give you more internal users if these are also too small. If you need to increase these also, you need both licenses.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

The license ASA5505-SW-10-50= only gives you more internal users bot not more VPN-PeersYou need the SecPlus license upgrade (L-ASA5505-SEC-PL=) for more VPN-peers. But that won't give you more internal users if these are also too small. If you need to increase these also, you need both licenses.

what my plan is just to upgrade only VPN-Peer, so in this case i need to upgrade Secplus (L-ASA5505-SEC-PL=). anyway, I don't understand relate to Internal Users mean ? could you explain me ?

Without any extra license you have a limit of 10 internal hosts that are allowed to communicate to the outside. The license ASA-5505-SW-10-50= increases this limit to 50 internal hosts.

Oh Thank for your explaining, i do understand now. :)