Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN 3000 LAN to LAN

bharding97
Level 1
Level 1

Hey All

I'm currently setting up two VPN 3000 Concentrators at two different sites to create a IPsec LAN-to-LAN Tunnel.

I have gone through all the basic configuration guides on the CISCO site, but a LAN-to-LAN session is never created. I have enabled the logs on the Concentrator and it displays no errors at all - it appears the Concentrator is not even trying to establish a IPsec LAN-to-LAN Tunnel.

After running through the standard setup provided by CISCO, is there anything I need to do to make the Concentrator try to create a Tunnel, or should this be automatic once all settings are in place?

Thanks for your help

2 Replies 2

bharding97
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, maybe the problem is a little open to heaps of issues that could be causing this.

If I go through the setup again, when will the logging system start producing error/connection information?

Also it might help to know the Concentrator 3000 is behind a Billion ADSL/Firewall Modem. The modem has a static public IP address, does the Concentrator use this same address or does it have to be configured differently?\

Thanks

Tried starting from scratch on the VPN 3000, but still not able to get a tunnel created.

I believe it has something to do with my setup between the concentrator and the ADSL modem. I have the required ports open but still nothing is happening.

Any ideas for me to try.

Thanks