cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client version 5.0.07.0240

carlosbarragan1
Level 1
Level 1

Our company hired a reseller/IT company to install Cisco VPN Client version 5.0.07.0240 on Windows 7 laptop. It currently is working perfect,however this laptop is scheduled to be upgraded to Windows 10  on 5/25/16 and according to Windows 10 it will NOT be compatible, My issue is that the reseller/IT company that initially installed it, is no longer in business, can you help me find a VPN client for either windows 10, or for a MacBOOK Air running EL Capitan 10.11.5 please help!!! come 5/25/16 i will not be able to access my work PC.

1 Reply 1

David Castro F.
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Carlos, 

Well from the user perspective on the MAC computer you may use the Built-in VPN client and does not require you to download a VPN client and have it installed, 

Mac VPN Client

• + The Apple built-in client ensures support as the Mac OS evolves.
  • + The client is integrated into Mac OS X 10.6 and later.
  • + Faster to configure as it does not require installation of another application.
  • - Not built into Mac OS X 10.5.

Q. How do I configure the Mac built-in VPN Client?

A.

In Mac OS X 10.6 and later:

1. Choose System Preferences > Network.
  2. Click the lock button in order to unlock it and make changes.
  3. Click the plus sign  above the unlocked lock button in order to add an interface.
  4. From the Interface drop-down list, choose VPN.
  5. From the VPN Type drop-down list, choose Cisco IPSec.
  6. In the Service Name text box, type an easy to remember interface name such as 'Corp IPsec VPN'.
  7. Click OK and then select this new interface.
  8. Click the new VPN interface in order to configure the interface.
    • Server Address-VPN headend's outside interface IP address (WAN/publicly routable IP address)
    • Account Name-Username
    • Account Password-User's password
  9. Click Authentication Settings.
    • Under Machine Authentication, click the radio button for your respective authentication mechanism (pre-shared-key or certificate authentication).
    • If a pre-shared key that matches the pre-shared-key defined on the VPN headend is used, type the key into the Shared Secret dialog box.
    • Enter the Group Name that matches the one defined in the EZVPN configuration on the VPN headend device (ASA 'tunnel-group', IOS 'crypto ipsec client ezvpn group').

Make sure to follow those steps, follow the link if necessary, 

For the Windows 10, you may have L2TP configured, so it can work with its built-in client. Now for a better practice move to AnyConnect a better solution, 

Please proceed to rate and mark as correct the helpful post!

David Castro,