cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Connection Problems...

toddyboman
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure what is going on or what I am missing...

I have set up a vpn connection at my remote offices with a 5505.  At my main office I have a 5510.

From my remote offices I can PING my Main office server.  However when I go to set up a vpn connection through windows network and sharing center I can't seem to have the connection connect.....

Am I doing something wrong or what step am I missing???

Thanks!!

15 Replies 15

Glad to hear it is working!

However I have some questions.  Should I keep windows firewall up or should I just turn it off and not worry about.  IF I keep it up and running I am going to have to add 4 different subnet lists......

If it was me, I would turn it off, but then go get a real firewall applinace to put in front of it, or use the ASA. You would need to add those remote site subnets anyway, no matter how you do it.

My next question is how much different will these settings be when I move from this test server to my real server?

I think your VPN will stay pretty much the way it is. I guess if the servers and clients are all through the ASA you should be ok.

This test server is nothing more than an old server with very little data on it and NOT running a windows server os.

The new/real server is running Server 2008 r2?

Testing, man. You know what works now, and it will be all about finding out what's different between the versions. I hope the pain is minimal!

Good luck!

Matt