cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN connection with clients configured for proxy

khusted
Level 1
Level 1

We have a department that uses an Altiga Client to connect to another company's 3030 VPN concentrator running ver. 3.0 software. While everyone else in our company goes through a Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0 for their internet access, this department has been given modem lines because this other company says a vpn connection cannot be made using proxy server. Security policy states that all modems are to be done away with meaning I need to find a way to make this work and I am not very knowledgeable on vpn technology to ask the right questions of this company...how can i get this done.

3 Replies 3

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

It’s true that you can’t run your VPN tunnel through a proxy server. I don’t completely understand your design but I’ll take a crack at it. You can route the VPN tunnel traffic directly (around the proxy server) and acl the rest of the traffic out. Maybe looking at a proxy replacement like the PIX with URL filtering might better fit your security policy. Then you can setup your VPN tunnels right on the PIX.

Hope this helps

Actually I have figured out away of doing this with proxy still functioning properly. did some configuring of the ports on proxy a nice feature but it doesn't allow me to restrict use of ports by ip like a firewall would. We are looking at other option for our security. Thanks you very much for your response

v.janardhana
Level 1
Level 1

iam new to thsi connection.please expalain in detail