Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN in China not working on mobile

simonadus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recently transferred from the European offices to the Greater China (Shanghai) offices for my company. I was trying to use your VPN in order to access European sites (Gmail, Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp etc.. ) but whenever I’m at theoffices  and connect to the WiFi network I’m not able to connect to a secure VPN connection on mobile, however on desktop this works. I was told that this I probably because the WiFi connection is already VPN-equipped, however on mobile these sites are still blocked (on desktop everything works fine with the same connection).

Is there anything I can do in order to access these websites via mobile while I’m working from the office?

Hope you might have an answer for me.

Thanks,

Simona

2 Replies 2

willieaames25
Level 1
Level 1

If its using IPSecure, it will bypass China's firewall. However IPSecure behind a router will not be as effective because behind NAT it fall backs to UDP instead of ESP protocol. Read more about great firewall of china in this china vpn review link.

jj3361193
Level 1
Level 1

It may be the case that your VPN is not working in China and is unable to leap the Great Firewall Of China.
Well, not to worry, here are some VPNs best for China that will perfectly and would not let you down.