cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Peak Concurrent value calculation?

vinayjaiswal.kr
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to figure out, how ASA calculates its VPN Peak Concurrent value. I am using ASA 5510, version 9.1...  I was checking number of users connect thru Any Connect VPN.. I found Peak Concurrent value shows 247.. wondering how does it calculate? Is this showing the maximum number seen by the firewall from the day VPN established till now or is it calculating with some time frame?  Attached is a screen shot.. Any answer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Vinay Jaiswal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

it calculated the day vpn established. see when the tunnel comes up and you issue a command show crypto ipsec sa detail and show crypto ipsec sa. these command give you the brief output of spi values and other. also in ASA vpn there is a default time for vpn key to rekey (or it can be either fine tune).

according to cisco document.

VPN Peak Concurrent value Highest number of sessions of all types that were concurrently valid sessions (active + inactive) since the ASA was last booted or reset.

please do not forget to rate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

it calculated the day vpn established. see when the tunnel comes up and you issue a command show crypto ipsec sa detail and show crypto ipsec sa. these command give you the brief output of spi values and other. also in ASA vpn there is a default time for vpn key to rekey (or it can be either fine tune).

according to cisco document.

VPN Peak Concurrent value Highest number of sessions of all types that were concurrently valid sessions (active + inactive) since the ASA was last booted or reset.

please do not forget to rate.

Thanks for confirming @Sheraz.Salim , I had the same thought. Appreciate your time for answering this question.

Thanks for confirming @Sheraz.Salim , I had the same thought. Appreciate your time for answering this question.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: