Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN session disconnected due to "internal error"

PeterLin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have Cisco AnyConnect on my notebook, and NB connect to internet by using a Wi-Fi router.

I found sometimes that the VPN session is disconnected and needs to reconnect manually. From some previous posts, I have installed DART try to find what's the disconnect reason. From the DART log, I found below error message:

The Cisco Secure Client - AnyConnect VPN has been notified by the secure gateway to terminate the VPN connection with the reason "Internal Error".

Does someone know how to fix this error? Thanks!

1 Reply 1

ccieexpert
Level 1
Level 1

This is not a straighforward problem. Since the problem is from the headend, you should focus on headend logging. I suggest logging to a syslog server on the headend so there may be some insight into whats happening around the time the VPN disconnects.. Depending on the problem, the logs may provide some insight. If you have TAC support, then open a TAC case as it may need some investigation.

Tom - CCIEx2, Ex-TAC , www.technoxi.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: