cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN setup.

riju
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to setup the VPN between 3 company’s which is acting as HUB for each of its spokes?

Please check the attached file.

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Riju,

I think that should work. It would work better if you would use separate tunnel interfaces at each Hub to interconnect via DMVPN.

DMVPN - HUB B will use tunnel 0 to terminate all tunnels for its spokes, while use tunnel 1 to terminate DMVPN tunnels comming in from Hub A and Hub C. Also make sure Hub B always uses static address so that Hub A and Hub C can point their tunnels to Hub B.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hello Sankar,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I am planning to setup the DMVPN in ISR 2821 and 1841 routers as hub and spoke with IOS 12.3(14) T1 advseck9 image.

In the same DMVPN HUB, is it possible to setup site-to-site VPN?

The other end VPN boxes are Cisco and non-Cisco products? Will there be any problem in DMVPN setup?

Is this topology possible with DMVPN?

Also, is it possible to have mobile access setup in same box?

Riju,

I have heard a few comments in this forum about not mixing DMVPN with site to site VPNs. I have done this type of deployment for a customer, where 10 remote sites where coming in via DMVPN, while we had 5 extra tunnels that were strictly site to site, using Crypto maps, over GRE as well as without GRE. I dont see a problem with this configuration at all. Note that you can only apply one crypto map on a router's interface. So each site to site tunnel has to be a different instance of the same crypto map.

HTH

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hello Sankar,

Thank you very much.

A very helpfull answer for me.

I`ll post the result after testing.