cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When connected to my University via VPN Anyconnect with Cisco I am connected but I cannot browse

venexiano
Level 1
Level 1

I am home and I have 2 laptops. Both have the most recent Cisco Anyconnect version. They are both connected via wifi to the same network and they both have Windows 10. On one laptop when I connect to my University using Cisco Anyconnect, everything works. On the other laptop, when I connect to my University using Cisco Anyconnect, I cannot go online, although I can ping 1.1.1.1.. My wifi says "connected, secured" but I cannot browse (tried with Chrome and Firefox), and my thunderbird and Dropbox go offline. As soon as I disconnect Cisco, I am back online. This started a few weeks ago, before everything was fine, no idea how this happened. Any suggestion on how I could run some commands on both laptops to understand the differences and figure out the issue? What I tried: I reinstalled Cisco in the laptop having issues but nothing changed. Rebooted multiple times.

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check if you can resolve host addresses on the non-working laptop. From the cli, type "nslookup www.google.com" and share the results.

When I run "nslookup www.google.com" from command line I get the result below. What can I do to solve the issue give that I have Windows 10? Thank you 

DNS issue here, you need to config spilt DNS.

venexiano
Level 1
Level 1

I kindly ask if you have any suggestion on how to solve the problem based on the result of nslookup I posted, please.