cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When i connect to Cisco AnyConnect i lose my internet connection

abraajose25
Level 1
Level 1

When i try to use the app Cisco AnyConnect, i lose my internet connection, for the provider it seems nothing is wrong, as if i have normal connection, but i cannot access internet. It happens always when i connect to the VPN. I tried those but did not work:

- Disabling IPv6

- Enabling the checkmark Allow local (LAN) access when using VPN

- Changing the DNS

But still when i connect to the VPN the internet connection is lost. Some times it loses immediatly, some times after a while is passed, or even an hour, but it still occurs. I searched the internet, but nothing seems to solve the problem.

5 Replies 5

abraajose25
Level 1
Level 1

Forgot to say that i'm using Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @abraajose25,

How is your VPN configured - full or split tunnel? If you don't have access to ASA/FTD, you can see this under AC client, under Route Details section.

Kind regards,

Milos

abraajose25
Level 1
Level 1

If looked correctly, it's split, but i think i don't have permission to change anything related to the VPN. Only through requests via internal system.

I think this is timeout issue, can you ask IT send you the config of Anyconnect group

sadks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi abraajose25,

Can you check if you are able to "ping 8.8.8.8" and "ping google.com"? We can rule out any DNS-related issues with this.

If you are using split tunnel then I am guessing that the internet traffic is not supposed to go through the VPN tunnel. Can you confirm on that?