Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow access to users who are not domain and have no fixed IP

Hello!!

In my company I have a group of people who are visiting

Users need Internet access, domain users are not and will not have a fixed location and who will be moving into the entire network, such as are now in a mansard roof and tomorrow will be elsewhere, and so on.

Taking into account the above need to find ways they can access the Internet, whether or not domain users and without us having to assign a fixed IP.

I have a list of sites you need to enter this list where I add?

Can I use an explicit or implicit proxy?

Thank You Very Much for you support

I have a device with the following features

Model: IronPort S370 (Web Security Apliance)

Transparent Proxy Mode

Is Linked to a Domain

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can still point them at the explicit proxy, even though you're in Transparent Proxy mode.

If you have a limited set of sites that they need, you can create a Custom URL list under "Web Security Manager>Custom URL Categories", then create an identity for that custom URL list that doesn't require authentication under "Web Security Manager>Identities."    One concern there is that your users may be able to hit those sites without being authenticated.

Or you could create a new group in AD called "Visitors", create new users for the visitors, add them to this group. Make this group their default group, remove them from Domain Users.  Now they can uses these credentials to go surfing, but have access to nothing on your network (assuming you don't use "Everyone" for anything on your network).

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

You can still point them at the explicit proxy, even though you're in Transparent Proxy mode.

If you have a limited set of sites that they need, you can create a Custom URL list under "Web Security Manager>Custom URL Categories", then create an identity for that custom URL list that doesn't require authentication under "Web Security Manager>Identities."    One concern there is that your users may be able to hit those sites without being authenticated.

Or you could create a new group in AD called "Visitors", create new users for the visitors, add them to this group. Make this group their default group, remove them from Domain Users.  Now they can uses these credentials to go surfing, but have access to nothing on your network (assuming you don't use "Everyone" for anything on your network).