Views
Helpful
Replies

Block Teamviewer using WSA S170.

saitelhadj1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I have WSA S170 with AsyncOs 9.1.1, I have blocked the application Presentation/Conferencing. I also blocked the port 5938 on my firewall. but teamViewer still get to connect. 

Thank you. 

5 Replies 5

kushsriva
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Try creating a custom URL category with "teamviewer.com" and ".teamviewer.com" and then block that category in URL Filtering.

Regards,

Kush

hello, 

Access to teamviewer web site is blocked, using the policy applied. 

What sound weired is that the first tests were ok, but after several tries it connects normally. 

Thank you, 

You can try to block Teamviewer from the AVC of WSA.

Go to the access policy that you are using in the WSA then go to "Applications" column.

From the "Applications" page of that access policy, look for "Presentation / Conferencing" then click the "+" sign to expand it.

You should then see "TeamViewer" and you can block it. Doing this, it will block based on the teamviewer application signature and much more efficient.

this exactly what I did but it doesn't work. 

Since TeamViewer is using HTTPS connection, make sure you have enable decryption for AVC otherwise the AVC engine can not detects the application.

Check from GUI -> Security Services -> HTTPS Proxy -> Decrypt for Application Detection -> make sure this is enabled.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: