cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change TTL for IP-to-username mappings from ISE-PIC on WSA

Scott123
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to change the TTL on username-to-IP mappings learnt from ISE-PIC on Web Security Appliance (software version 14.5.1-016) from the default 6 hours to 1 hour. This can be seen by issusing the command "isedata > cache > show", selecting an IP of a user IP mapping and then "checkip <IP>".

I cannot find a setting for it in the web interface and suspect it is set in the following section of the "showconfig" output:
  <ise_service>
    <ise_service_ise_user_timeout>6</ise_service_ise_user_timeout>
  </ise_service>

So, I wonder if the TTL can be changed by the following method or if there is a better way:
1. export the output of "showconfig"
2. change "<ise_service_ise_user_timeout>6</ise_service_ise_user_timeout>" to "<ise_service_ise_user_timeout>1</ise_service_ise_user_timeout>"
3. upload the new config and restart the ISE-PIC vm

2 Replies 2

You can actually save the config file locally via the gui, edit it, upload it via ftp, and load it. Safer than trying to capture a showconfig. I suspect that there is cli command for it. I couldn't find it, but someone might know, or you could open a ticket.

You wouldn't need to bounce ISE-PIC.

amojarra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @Scott123 

if you want to modify cached timeout, you can use ICSECONFIG command in CLI :

iseconfig
Displays current ISE configuration parameters; specify an ISE configuration operation to perform:
ISE RECONCILIATION TIME SETUP—Configure ISE reconciliation time setup. To restart the ised process
automatically, set the time in the HH::MM format within 24 hours of ISE configuration. After a restart, the
bulk download takes place.
Choose the operation you want to perform:
- Schedule ISE Restart Time in HH:MM format.
- Modify cache timeout for ISE users. Specify a timeout value in hours, upto 24 hours
By default, the value for option 1 is 00:00 mid-night.

as Ken mentioned, If you need to edit the configuration file,

please generate a backup with encrypted passwords from GUI> system Administration > Configuration File 

download the .XML file , edit and then import it.

Side note : If you are using SMA, you can upload the edited configuration file to Configuration Master, and publish this to other WSAs.

Regards,

Amirhossein Mojarrad

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++   If you find this answer helpful, please rate it as such  ++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++