Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect Umbrella Roaming Security Module

dreaded190
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

So was reading up a lot on the difference between the Cisco Anyconnect Roaming Module vs the Umbrella Roaming,

Its clear that best practice is the Cisco anyconnect option as UR is EOL in a few months, so we recently deployed the new client company wide and that resolved some VPN resolving inconsistencies we had.

The problem, we have two computers that are giving me mixed signals and maybe you guys can help me understand the behind the scenes better.

So the AnyConnect client is supposed to handle DNS handover to the software at a Kernel level right, so according to the documentation the DNS is not changed at a system level, like if you do ipconfig /all you wont see 127.0.0.1 by DNS right?

We have two computers that i have been troubleshooting, they both get the loopback assigned at the system level but only to the wireless interface, the Ruckus wireless is on the same network/DNS Suffix as the ethernet. 

Investigating with a Netstat i can see 127.0.0.1:53 and a process ID pointing to dnscrypt that exists under the Anyconnect install folder??

So i thought its not supposed to use system DNS? Keep in mind i have uninstalled, deleted all the files associated confirmed and reinstalled, works for a while and then one day boom system DNS on Wireless interface 127.0.0.1??

This is a interesting one, anyone got some ideas or can explain what im missing?

Thanks

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: