Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IRONPORT UPGRADE keep failed

hkvt012345
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I try to upgrade one of the ironport s170 version 7.1.3-031, but it keep failed.. and the upgrade process very slow. Any idea??

upgrade.jpg

4 Replies 4

Valter Da Costa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vince,

I could be missing something but the screenshot does not show an error. I did notice the ETA but I am not sure you are ferring to that as the issue you are seeing.

As a side note, I wonder about the fact you choose upgrade option 1. As we see in the screenshot, you have a new version available. Unless you need the specific version on option 1, I would recommend you to upgrade to the most recent version available for your device, in this case, option 5 with version 7.5.0 - 838.

Perhaps if you could clarify the failure and the choise you made we could assist you better/futher.

Regards,

-V

Hi V,

Thanks for your quick reply. I just would like to show you the ETA, but do you think it was too long? i not sure what problem here. Also i did to upgrade the appliance long time ago and it failed, any logs i can found on ironport, so i can give you a look?

Hey Vince,

I was actually trying to get your view of what seems to be the issue and I highlighted the ETA because that was a big number.

I would recommend you to start fresh. Reboot the box, and try the upgrade again. The reboot would clean the temporaty files if any could be interfering.

Try the upgrade from the CLI and choose the most recent version of AsyncOS available.

Upgrade issues are usually but not always related to bandwidth control, proxy, network latency, file system corruption. A packet capture could help to identify proxy limiting and some other network related issues but you can also try Local Upgrade.

How do I get a packet capture (tcpdump) from a Web Security Appliance or a Email Security Appliance?

Knowledge Base Answer ID: 628

http://tools.cisco.com/squish/Ae538

Comprehensive Guide to Local Upgrade Servers

Knowledge Base Answer ID: 1558 

http://tools.cisco.com/squish/212fd

From the screenshot also, we cannot get the current version you have running but I am guessing it is an old version. Another reason to support the upgrade. It is possible your appliance is not listed as authorised to get upgrades. If you cannot upgrade using Local Upgrade process described in the article above, you should definitively open a support ticket so the engineers can check the appliance's status and assist you further.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

-V

Many thanks V,

by the way, i did open support ticket on ironport appliance, but i never get the reply...