Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Web Security Appliance

Rizwan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I need a feedback and  a comparison between Cisco WSA and Fortinet Fortigate firewall. Why I should purchase Cisco WSA instead of Fortigate?

2 Replies 2

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Rizwan, I am not too familiar with the Fortinet firewall so it will be helpful that you brief us on what your environment is like and what you are trying to accomplish. The WSA is not a Firewall but a content filtering solution.

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

mohitjuneja
Level 4
Level 4

I am not much familiar about Fortigate Firewall, however let me clarify WSA is web security gateway.

UTM and NGFW firewall having URL filtering, which is the one of the features of WSA.

WSA has Dynamic Content Analysis feature, which scan the content of unknown URL, in order to give score and take the action accordingly.

Now WSA with AMP (Retrospective Security), you are get notified about the file trajectory of the unknown malware, which evades sandboxing security feature.

So first check the requirement, are you looking for NGFW or a tool to enforce AUP and have multi vector threat defence which can be done with WSA with AMP.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/web-security-appliance/index.html