cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disabling McAfee

invalid
Level 1
Level 1

The McAfee License Key on one of my devices run out. Anyway, my SMA device still recognizes the status of "McAfee" as "Enabled" although having the information that the license is expired.

cisco.PNG

How can I manually disable McAfee (or remove the license key of McAfee?) in order to change the status to "Disabled" on the WSA?

On the WSA, when I go to "Security Services > Anti-Malware and Reputation > Edit Global Settings", I get the following text: "Feature Key for McAfee has expired or is unavailable. For information on enabling this feature with a new key, contact your Cisco sales representative." Is there a checkbox or something like this?

Background (this is the reason why this bothers me):

I'm not able to push configurations via my SMA device with following error "The Anti-Malware settings must match to successfully publish." Or is this error related to something else?

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are managing WSA with SMA

follow below steps to remove :

Web  --> utilities--> edit display settings

remove  "McAfee Anti-Malware"

Try publish.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

THanks for your reply.

I already disabled this option as you can see in my screenshot (Is service Displayed on Management Appliance?: No).

But how to disable it on the WSA (Web Appliance Service: Enabled)?.

This is the reason why the text is coloured in red on the screenshot.

I have done the same option which i have suggested, it works on 11.X version (not sure what is the version, and should work for you also)

Can you post both the screenshot SMA and WSA in related to McAfeee ( are you using Sophos ?).

same thread may help also :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/web-security/publish-to-a-wsa-from-management-appliance-fails/td-p/1915507

BB

This is exactly my problem. The status of McAfee on the WSA does not match the status of the management device's configuration master, as shown in the first screenshot.

The solution in the other discussion you have posted @balaji.bandi simply says:

"Enable or disable the feature [McAfee] on the Web Security Appliance. Some changes may impact multiple features. See the information about the relevant feature in the Cisco IronPort AsyncOS for Web Security User Guide."

But I don't now how to disable the McAfee feature on a WSA with an expired key?  I'm running AsynOS 11.8.

Some Screenshots of my configuration. Is there any other menu with settings regarding McAfee?

cisco1.PNGcisco2.PNGcisco3.PNGcisco4.PNG

So at this point your best option is probably go to TAC and request a short time McAfee license key.

Or they may be able to just turn it off via the support tunnel.

This does feel like a bug, in that you should be able to just disable it at the SMA and move on with your life..

Another option i can think of to see if the McAfee enabled was

SMA--Configurationmaster--> outbound marlaware scanning ( check anti-malware Filter section, is that enabled ?)

same check on WSA - WebSecurity Manager - outbound marlaware scanning ( check anti-malware Filter section, is that enabled ?)

check also Global policy any where enabled ?

BB