Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNS lookup failed

hi,

i faced error when i want to access to certain url. Then i trace the url in Cisco WSA and show result like below

Results

User Information

User Name: None

Group Membership: None

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.97 Safari/537.11

URL Check

WBRS Score: 0.0

URL Category: Government and Law

Scanner "AVC" Verdict (Request): Unknown (Unknown)

Policy Match

Cisco IronPort Data Security policy: None

Decryption policy: None

Routing policy: Global Routing Policy

Identity policy: All

Access policy: None

Final Result

Request blocked

Details: DNS lookup failed

Trace session complete

whats the problem

6 Replies 6

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Mustapah,

Looks like above out is from Cisco Iron Port? Is it right? Also for which url you are getting this? All other url are working?

Check if you have DNS define on under Network--> DNS tab once you log on to the iron port. Or try putting a public dns ip there like 4.2.2.2

Hope that helps

Regards

Najaf

yes above is from Cisco Ironport. i want to akses www.pos.com.my. Other url is working fine.

i already change dns external but still.

its from our DNS? If dns problem  other url cant access too.

Hi,

What im saying was that if your internal dns for some reason have porblem in resolving the www.pos.com.my url setting up an external dns will help to verify if this is your internal dns issue.

May be the internal dns have issue with only the above mention url and that would be the reason why everything else is work.

From you above post i didnt understand after adding the external dns whether the url was working?

Regards

Najaf

hi,

i already nslloup on my internal DNS error show like this

;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

Did you flush your DNS? Looks like replication of DNS may not have updated.

HI,

i already flush DNS but still cannot acces that url

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: