cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I configure User Agent on WSA - MS Edge Browser

jwharrison
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to define the correct syntax for a User agent for MS Edge as found in Windows 10.   Users attempting to use this browser are being prompted to authenticate before any internet access is granted.

One of the browsers is presenting this string in the logs.  

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/46.0.2486.0 Safari/537.36 Edge/13.10586

I need to set a variable rather than a specific version number, as it will change between systems.

The better fix would be to know when AsyncOS will offer Edge as an option in the management portal.

Attached is the config for one of my identity profiles.   

4 Replies 4

Its a regex, so i don't know that your * are doing what you want them to....

I'd try something like this :  (Windows NT 10\.0).(Edge)

Better yet, I'd deploy a CDA so apps that dont do auth still work without the user having to hit a webpage first....

Can you share the regex of Microsoft Edge for all versions as well? 

I need to allow all versions of the Microsoft Edge browser for all endpoints.

truongthanhhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

To configure user agent on MS Edge within Cisco Web Security you have to follow these steps:

1. 1.Log in Cisco. mybkexperience
  2. Navigate to the " Access Policies " section or a similar section where you can configure web access policies.
  3. Locate the policies that applies to the MS.
  4. Edit the Policies.
  5. For Microsoft Edge on Windows 10: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.124 Safari/537.36 Edg/91.0.864.59
  6. Save the changes.
  7. Test the configures by accessing website or resources that rely on User Agent identification to see if the desired User Agent is presented.

truongthanhhang
Level 1
Level 1

@jwharrison wrote:

I am trying to define the correct syntax for a User agent for MS Edge as found in Windows 10.   Users attempting to use this browser are being prompted to authenticate before any internet access is granted.

One of the browsers is presenting this string in the logs.  

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/46.0.2486.0 Safari/537.36 Edge/13.10586

I need to set a variable rather than a specific version number, as it will change between systems.

The better fix would be to know when AsyncOS will offer Edge as an option in the management portal.

Attached is the config for one of my identity profiles.   

Great post. It was much needed. Love your simplistic style of explanation. I do believe this is an excellent website. I stumbled upon it I may revisit once again since I saved as a favorite it.

mybkexperience

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: