cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

install license

marcus.reams
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot get the license installed on the VM that I have running on VMware workstation 12.  It seems that I cannot paste to the console.  I always get a malformed license: invalid XML message.  I also try to ftp the license but can't connect.  I am able to connect to the GUI.  Any ideas on how I can get this installed?

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

Thomas Busch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Marcus, 

I have had many issues with trying to copy the license over Vmware workstation and my computer correctly. 

Even though there is not a license installed you can still configure the ip address of the M1 interface using the ifconfig command. Once this is set and committed you can then ssh to the cli and copy/paste the contents of the license XML over. Once that is done, you can continue to setup the WSA. 

Tao Yang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Invalid XML message indicates that there are some unsupported characters. Please ensure using text editor like Notepad++ to open your license xml and then copy/paste to WSA

I have used Notepad and Notepad++.  Still the same result.  I have also checked the options to make sure I could paste, but still no change.

Handy Putra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure to open the license (VLN XML file) using the XML editor.

Then in WSA CLI on loadlicense command select option 1 to paste via CLI.

Once the license has been opened by XML editor and select all then paste them to the CLI and make sure to press CTRL-D on a blank line (press enter to go to blank line).

Also make sure the VLN file (XML file) shows the correct appliance and paste it to the correct appliance (for example XML file shows for vWSA and paste that license to vWSA as well, since we do have few occurances that the license is actually for vSMA and paste it to vWSA appliance)

pavank2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

open it with wordpad, login to the WSA via ssh and than paste it, it works.