Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet surfing Issue thru Proxy

lingaraj19
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have deployed the Proxy in our network and everything is working fine thru Proxy but below thing is giving some problem..

lets consider we got 2 laptops and one is running with Win XP OS and other one is running with Win 7 or Win Vista.

now I have done the proxy settings in both the machine and also conncted to them to LAN switch and I am able to access the internet.

but with the same Laptops and with the same proxy settings I have connected them to wireless access points and now I am not able to access the internet from WIN 7 or Vista laptop and I am abe to accessthe internet with Win XP laptop.

requesting you to help me to resolve this issue...

Thanks in advance....

With Regards,

Lingaraj

2 Replies 2

Erik Kaiser
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lingaraj,

Take a simultaneous packet capture from the client and the WSA. See my instructions below:

Also I would request that a ticket be opened once you have the captures done.

In order to obtain a simultaneous packet capture from the WSA & PC you will need to log into the GUI ->Support and Help -> Packet Capture -> Edit Settings -> Select the radial button No Filter.Please send me a packet capture from the WSA unfiltered. Please name it ( your ticket number )WSA.pcap. Also name the client packet capture in the same format  adding client at the end of the ticket number when saving the it. Provide me with the IP address of the WSA and the client PC your testing from. You will need to install wireshark on the PC or laptop you are testing from. It is a good idea to start the wireshark program from the PC first.  I would recommend using iana.org as a test as it uses only on IP address.

Sincerely,

Erik Kaiser
WSA CSE
WSA Cisco Forums Moderator

Sincerely, Erik Kaiser WSA CSE WSA Cisco Forums Moderator

Are you able to telnet the proxy server?

Regards
Thanveer
"Everybody is genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is a stupid."