Views
Helpful
Replies

Iron Port End-user notification

gandhi.rifal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Do you have end-user notification example file? And how to deploy user defined EUN?

Thanks,

G

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ghandi,

"User defined End-User notification" is simply a web redirect to an web site of your choosing (typically internal) that has whatever notification/information/etc that you want on it.

You create a web page somewhere, then go to Security Services/End-User Notification, click on Settings, then go down to the "End User-Notification Pages" section and change Notification type to "Redirect to Custom URL" and then set that URL.

Ken

View solution in original post

You would put the HTML file on a web server, on whatever port you want...

The Ironport DOES pass a big set of parameters as a query string on the Get for the new URL.

If you go to the online help, click on the "Contents Tab", click on "Notifying End Users", click on "Working with User Defined End-User Notification Pages", its all described there.

Ken

Yes you can, connect use an FTP client, navigate to:

/configuration/eun/en it's should be the ERR_PROXY_UNACKNOWLEGED file you need to edit/replace.

Cheers

Chris

8 Replies 8

Ghandi,

"User defined End-User notification" is simply a web redirect to an web site of your choosing (typically internal) that has whatever notification/information/etc that you want on it.

You create a web page somewhere, then go to Security Services/End-User Notification, click on Settings, then go down to the "End User-Notification Pages" section and change Notification type to "Redirect to Custom URL" and then set that URL.

Ken

Ken Stleer,

Thanks for your attention.

So, I Should put html file in a web server? With specific port or not?

And how do i create a dynamic EUN? I mean, html file has parameter that imported from ironport.

Do you have any examples?

You would put the HTML file on a web server, on whatever port you want...

The Ironport DOES pass a big set of parameters as a query string on the Get for the new URL.

If you go to the online help, click on the "Contents Tab", click on "Notifying End Users", click on "Working with User Defined End-User Notification Pages", its all described there.

Ken

Ken,

Do you have simple example for html file like you said?

Thanks

Gandhi

No, I don't...  I use the Ironport pages...

Ken,

One more question. Can I put html file internally at ironport in case user defined EUN?

Regards,

Gandhi

No.  The WSA doesn't really have a way to do that...

Yes you can, connect use an FTP client, navigate to:

/configuration/eun/en it's should be the ERR_PROXY_UNACKNOWLEGED file you need to edit/replace.

Cheers

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: