cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IronPort 7.7 field Explanation "x-acl-added-headers"?

saurabhsymc
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to understand a new field "x-acl-added-headers" added in W3C log format of Ironport 7.7 .I have seen the guide but enough information is not given on it.Can any on tell me what exactly this field will contain with an example log and how important it is?

7 Replies 7

Erik Kaiser
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You have to set the custom URL to allow.

Sincerely,

Erik Kaiser
WSA CSE
WSA Cisco Forums Moderator

Sincerely, Erik Kaiser WSA CSE WSA Cisco Forums Moderator

my question was what information that field will contain?

Hi Saurabh,

That field is to log the custom header for youtube (for edutcation), There is a documentation bug #

CSCzv54395 about this and this why you do not see it under the custom field table. FYI : it shows up as -- on the user guide

%XP

Unrecognized header. Use this field to log extra headers in client requests. This supports troubleshooting of specialized systems that add headers to client requests as a way of authenticating and redirecting those requests, for example, YouTube for Schools.

We are in the process of fixing this.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

-Puja

is it going to give custom header only for youtube(education) or for other websites also?

Youtube was just an example the feature is implemented for generic use of custom headers. However, the only sites that support this that i am aware of  is google and youtube. I hope this helps.

Regards,

-Puja

i got your point but it will be good if you can provide example log to give more insight to what header information will it contain exactly.

Where i can find the cosolidated list of different Async OS versions supported by Cisco WSA170 , WSA370 , WSA670?

If anyone have it, please mail me on saurabh.saurabh015@gmail.com..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: