Helpful
Replies

IronPOrt Blocking Website

yogesh bhalerao
Level 1
Level 1

1)I have Ironport S160,

2)user are trying to go on website www.mca,gov.in

i have allowed this website for users but if they try to upload PDF via this website link not able to do so,took the logs also but cannot find where it is blocking

Request u Guyzz to Help me ASAP

the link:-

www.mca.gov.in/DCAPortalWeb/dca/EFormProcess.do

ALSO ATTACHING THE LOGS

2 Replies 2

Hi:

I had same problem a few months ago.  The explanation probably is that Ironport S works different way download and upload traffic.  I suggest you to read in the help online about Cisco Ironport Data Security Policies.  If you created a site or a regular expression to Allow it in the Access Pol, then the same category needs to be added to the Data Security Pol in case you are uploading a file to the same site.

Be aware that the site you upload data is well known.  (Allowing access implies not checking web reputation and also not checking all kind of malware).

Best Regards,

Francisco Rodríguez P.

donnylee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I suspect that the issue is related to an application used in the transaction and to have a better confirmation of this issue, you can add the user agent string to the access log using custom field %u.  Once this is done, you can re-run the upload and capture the access log at the same time.

Regards,

Donny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: