Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport in inline mode

Hi,

Got a weird problem in my ironport. I have deployed it in inline mode. Having M1 as the internal network and P2 for external network.

The problem was, when I input a puclic ip address on the P2 interface, the interface cannot reach the internet. But when I try the public internet in a Laptop, the public ip address is working.

After setting the interface P2 into public, The interface cannot ping its public gateway that is very unusual. Tried using a private ip address to the P2 interface to test its connectivity, the P2 interface is working using private ip.

Anyone have experienced this scenario?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

phretbuzz
Level 1
Level 1

OK, I'm new to Ironport WSA but I'll take a stab at this... I don't believe this is supported. I think the Ironport can only use WCCP, PAC file or specific proxy redirection.  Bluecoat's support fail open on the inline... Barracuda does as well. I'm waiting for Ironport to get up to speed on this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: