cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport s370 number of concurrent connections

Spaniard141
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to tell what the number of users currently going through the Ironport is? I am trying to stablish the average number of users per day.

3 Replies 3

Alexandra Giunta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Raul,

When you log into the GUI section of the WSA, under "System Overview" there will be an entry with the total number of current connections.

It will look like this:

Average transactions per second in past minute:0
Average bandwidth (bps) in past minute:0
Average response time (ms) in past minute:0
Total current connections:0

Thanks for the reply Alexandra (Small world, I think you assisted me with a case this week).

I was aware of this information but I don't think that the total number of connections correlates with the number of users which is what I am after ( I guess I should've mentioned users on the title and not connections). Currently on my Ironport I can see that number being nearly 1800 connections but I know we don't have 1800 users. Is there a way to see average number of users? maybe getting a count from authcache during peak hours or something similar that might help me tell the number of users on average?

Thanks

Hello, the number of simultaneous connections is different from the number of users.
A user can have 5 simultaneous connections for example, or more. So that if you have 1800 simultaneous connections, with 600 users, we can say that each user is using three simultaneous connections.