Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport WPAD issue

Hello,

i am understand that WPAD feature is not supporting by Ironport officialy, but now it is only one method to made auto configuration proxy for clients with redundancy. We have two Ironport S370 and published wpad.dat file on each of them. There is record in DNS for wpad and it is resolving fine. But when client request wpad file Ironport unexpectedly reply throught external interface instead of internal as i see in sniffer. In the same time when i configure the Ironport IP address like proxy in my browser everything is ok.

4 Replies 4

Erik Kaiser
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vyacheslav,

Which interfaces are you currently using ? Which interface is the inbound interface, external interface and is the management interface set to management only ? Also if you could provide me with a brief over view of your topology that would also be helpful.

Sincerely,

Erik Kaiser

Sincerely, Erik Kaiser WSA CSE WSA Cisco Forums Moderator

Thanks for your reply. We use P1 interface (internal), P2 (external), M1 (management/monitoring). When client sends request for wpad.dat to IP address of internal interface P1, Ironport responds from external interface P2 but with IP address of internal P1. I will provide topology draw a little bit later.

Hi Vyacheslav,

Is the client on the same interface subnet as the P2 ?

Sincerely,

Erik Kaiser

Hi Vyacheslav,

At this point I would recommend opening a support case. This sounds like there might be a routing issue on the WSA.

Sincerely,

Erik Kaiser

WSA Cisco Forums Moderator