cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

JobMagic app for Facebook

Ronald Nutter
Level 1
Level 1

My HR department is requesting the ability to install a "JobMagic" app for their facebook page for recruiting purposes.

We have installation of 3rd party apps disabled at this time.  We are currently running 7.1.1-038 for Web on our S370.  Wasnt sure if the upgrade 7.1.2-080 would give us more options or not.

I am not wild about globally opening up the ability for all users to install Facebook apps.  With my limited understanding of the Ironports, it looks like I would need to create a special Access group and assign it to the HR active directory group to give them the ability to install 3rd party apps.  Would prefer to be able to only allow the installation of this specific app but that would probably require a specific API or other mechanism to be present in the Ironport WSA to be able to control it to that level.  Maybe I am trying to keep to tight a rein but would prefer to avoide potential porblems if at all possible.

Anybody had experience with the JobMagic app or how to handle this type of request ?

Thanks,

Ron

1 Reply 1

I can't remember if 7.1.1 had the "Facebook Applications:Business" category... but I'd think that JobMagic would fit there...