Views
Helpful
Replies

Managing Custom URL using a file?

d.fischler
Level 1
Level 1

hi all

I'm looking for a possibility to manage URL black/whitelists. I know I could do it with the Web interface with custom URLs.

We would like to give this work to another group inside our company. But these people should not manage the box itself. As far as I know we cannot set restricted admin priviledges to custom URL customization.

Is there a possibility to "import" a list of custom URLs using command line commands or uploaded files?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

khoanguy
Level 1
Level 1

Ironport appliance don't have any automated way of pushin a file just for custom category.

You can attempt to give the config file with only the custom category section only and have the user make the needed addition/deletion, then paste back to the config for an upload, although this can be prone to errors made the user's typo.

You can change a user role to operator as an option, under 'System Administration > User':

The operators group restricts users from creating, editing, or removing user
accounts. The operators group also restricts the use of the following
commands:
• resetconfig
• upgradecheck
• upgradeinstall
• systemsetup or running the System Setup Wizard

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

khoanguy
Level 1
Level 1

Ironport appliance don't have any automated way of pushin a file just for custom category.

You can attempt to give the config file with only the custom category section only and have the user make the needed addition/deletion, then paste back to the config for an upload, although this can be prone to errors made the user's typo.

You can change a user role to operator as an option, under 'System Administration > User':

The operators group restricts users from creating, editing, or removing user
accounts. The operators group also restricts the use of the following
commands:
• resetconfig
• upgradecheck
• upgradeinstall
• systemsetup or running the System Setup Wizard

Thanks a lot for the explanation

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: