Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove outdated configuration manager version

Josh M
Level 1
Level 1

Model: M600V

Hi everyone! My team has recently upgraded our two Web Security Appliances (WSA) from version 12.5.5 to 14.5.1. The upgrade went fairly smoothly and were able to import and initialize the appropriate configuration manager version, but we've noticed that there are still remnants of version 12.5 in the SMA GUI console. Attached are screenshots that may provide additional context.

My questions are:

• If we still have an older configuration manager version initialized, will this cause any interruptions or discrepancies for our users?
  • What is the best method of safely removing an older config manager version? I have pored through Cisco's documentation but unfortunately I haven't been able to find anything.

I'm happy to answer any follow up questions you may have. Thanks for your time and attention!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1. No, it won't cause issues.
2. To remove it from appearing in the SMA, click on Web at the top. Under Utilities > Security Services Display. Click the Edit Display Settings button at the bottom. On that page uncheck the boxes for the versions you don't need.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

1. No, it won't cause issues.
2. To remove it from appearing in the SMA, click on Web at the top. Under Utilities > Security Services Display. Click the Edit Display Settings button at the bottom. On that page uncheck the boxes for the versions you don't need.

Thanks so much for the prompt response. That was exactly what we were looking for.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: