Views
Helpful
Replies

Umbrella Roaming client upgrade to cisco secure client Mac books

Luke-vlak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have some Macbooks that are still running on Umbrella RC version 3.0.29 we want to upgrade them to the newest Cisco Secure Client(Umbrella) version. Is it possible to push this via an RMM with an script or do we have to manual uninstall umbrella and install the secure client? I would love to hear the possibilties about this

2 Replies 2

Assuming all of the pieces for the Umbrella install are there, Secure Endpoint will try to uninstall the old roaming client.

Found this in a redid post in r/macsysadmin

"I found out that Secure Client will try uninstall Umbrella Roaming Client IF the original uninstaller app/binary are intact ( in /Library/Application Support or /Applications, I think). But we REMOVED these tools to prevent users from removing Umbrella. Self-inflicted) So my workaround: My custom Secure Client installer pkg now includes the old Umbrella uninstaller binary and I run it via a postinstall script from my package in Composer. (It's an extra step but critical to ensure the old Umbrella is nuked)."

Hi,

The uninstall files are indeed still there. Do you have an script that I can use to deploy the secure client? I am not familliar with scripting for mac books.